Senior Cloud Systems Administrator
|Title:||Senior Cloud Systems Administrator|
|Job Category:||Systems Administrator - Cloud|
|Job Type (FT, PT, etc.):||Full-time|
|Location:||Fort Meade, MD|
DescriptionPeterson Technologies is currently seeking a Senior Cloud Systems Administrator to support our client in or around the Fort Meade, MD area.
Description of Position:
A Cloud Administrator maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
- At least three (3) years experience managing and monitoring large Hadoop clusters (>1,000 nodes).
- At least three (3) years experience writing software scripts using scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Ruby for software automation.
- At least three (3) years experience in the planning, design, development, implementation and technical support of multi-platform, multi-system networks, including the composed CISCO and UNIX or LINUX-based hardware platforms, to encompass diagnosing network performance shortcomings and designing and implementing performance improvements.
- Demonstrated the ability to work with OpenSource (NoSQL) products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, CloudBase/Acumulo, Big Table, etc.
- Demonstrated work experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
- Hadoop/Cloud Systems Administrator Certification.
- Technical experience and knowledge of peer-to-peer distributed storage networks, peer-to-peer routing and application messaging frameworks.
- Demonstrated knowledge of analytical needs and requirements, query syntax, data flows, and traffic manipulation.
- Significant experience provisioning and sustaining network infrastructures and have experience developing, operations, and managing networks required to operate in a secure PKI, IPSEC, or VPN enabled environment.