Peterson Technologies is currently seeking a Senior Systems Administrator
to support our client in Annapolis Junction, MD.
This candidate will provide various network / system administrative activities. These activities include providing network design & support, software installations, performing backups and restores, installing patch capabilities, troubleshooting, monitoring system logs, creating and administration of user accounts.
- Providing general troubleshooting of the system.
- Monitoring the health and status metrics and trend analysis on applications.
- Providing timely and professional customer services at all times.
- Evaluating current operating procedures and provide improvement recommendations.
- Implementing corrective action processes for addressing problems detected in the operational baseline in compliance with the TTO.
- Ensuring that all detected problems are promptly reported, action is initiated, status is tracked and resolution is achieved without introducing additional issues or risk.
An Active TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly is required
- Minimum 7 years experience as a Systems Administrator
- Experience with UNIX/LINUX
- Experience with Virtual Environments (MachineShop, EDC)
- Working knowledge of network firewall configurations
- Experience interfacing with the appropriate Government organizations for support, regarding system and database administration, hardware, storage and communications requirements
Peterson Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.