Peterson Technologies is currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to support our client in or around the Fort Meade, MD area.
The project provides operations and engineering services, and software development related to the Life Cycle Support necessary to support a segment of intelligence operations. Program is seeking a Systems Engineer to perform the following tasks in a "fast paced environment":
1) Life Cycle Support of a software & Red Hat Linux system environment
2) Planning, development and coordination of the internal automated testing framework
3) Integration of hardware/software solutions into the existing auto test framework
4) Development and updating of project documentation
5) Perform Testing/Troubleshooting assignments
6) Generate CONOPS and Data Flow Documentation
7) Analyze wireless signals to refine and scope customer requirements, and test and integration plans
- 13+ years of overall IT experience with 5+ years experience in planning, designing, and implementation of mid to large scale integration programs).
- Experience designing solutions for cellular technologies
- Able to function within a large development team, interfacing; creating schedules, briefings, and status reports
- Experience in defining/writing/analyzing system requirements
- Experience in formulating and writing system documents, to include CONOPS, data flows, integration, SSP contributions, trade/gap analysis, and user guides
- Experience in all areas of integration (designing, analyzing, and implementing)
- Experience with RedHat Linux
An Active TS/SCI with a Polygraph level clearance is required
Peterson Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Experience with scripting
- Experience with modern digital/optical telecommunications systems, to include Bell, CEPT, or SDH/PDH digital communications signals
- Experience in modern digital telecommunications systems and protocols, to include: Optical Transport Network (OTN) Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM), Synchronous Optical Networks (SONET), SDH and PDH, LAN/WAN Networks, IP Networks, and ATM switches.
- Experience with protocols as SCTP, MLPPP, VCAT, OTN, VLAN, MPLS, and VOIP protocols.