Senior System Administrator
|Title:||Senior System Administrator|
|Job Category:||Systems Administrator|
|Job Type (FT, PT, etc.):||Full-time|
|Location:||Annapolis Junction, MD|
Peterson Technologies is currently seeking a Senior Systems Administrator
to support our client in Annapolis Junction, MD.
Active TS/SCI with a Poly required
- Accumulo is a high priority.
- Hadoop, shell scripting, NoSQL data stores (e.g., Cassandra, MongoDB), Puppet, Capistrano, experience with distributed systems and remote procedure calls (RPCs).
- 10 years experience as a Systems Administration experience administering user accounts, performing server subsystem configuration, network management, installation of software, performing backups, configuration management and general system maintenance.
- UNIX system administration experience (Linux, Solaris), understanding of fundamental networking and distributed computing environment concepts, Microsoft Windows, performance tuning and capacity planning of servers (hardware and software levels), and the ability to write simple Perl/Shell scripts.
- Strong customer service, organizational skills, knowledge of applicable NSA policies and procedures.
- Experience in updating and maintaining web pages.
- Knowledge of query syntax, data flows and of how to manipulate traffic.
- Demonstrated in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems.
- Demonstrated work experience providing detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets.
- Self-starter, capable of working both independently and in team environments.
- Understanding of analytical needs and requirements.
- Experience with or certification in Cloud environments.
Peterson Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications