Senior Software Engineer 9 1627
|Title:||Senior Software Engineer 9 1627|
|Job Category:||Software Engineer - Cloud|
|Job Type (FT, PT, etc.):||Full-time|
|Location:||Fort Meade, MD|
Peterson Technologies is currently seeking Senior Software Engineer to support our client in or around the Fort Meade, MD area. The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for developing assigned cloud analytic tasks requiring implementation and testing. The developer shall posses the necessary skills required to implement an end-to-end solution including (but not limited to) the ability to access various input data formats (e.g., ASDF), perform analytic functions and expose analytic results to the users. Responsibilities will also include the following:
- Gain knowledge/understanding of various input data formats (AS OF, NUWAVE, HTTP, etc.).
- Implement cloud analytics in map-reduce using Cloudera Hadoop and Cloudbase/ Accumulo.
- Perform thorough testing of cloud analytics; work closely with embedded analysts to ensure delivery of cloud analytics of high mission value.
- Team with technical writing staff to document cloud analytic use for analyst training and outreach.
- Provide system and software engineering support to TTO effort as needed; assist peer developers on other cloud analytic tasks as necessary.
- Maintain highly readable and maintainable code in a software repository e.g. Subversion.
- Experience working with several of the following technologies: Java, EJB , Eclipse, HTML, Spring, Ibatis, Hibernate, Web Application Development in PMP or JSI', SQL, JOBC, Apache Tomcat Applications Server, XML, XSL, XQuery, Log41 Logging
- Must have 2-5 years experience working experience with Unix / Linux operating system environments, and previous experience writing operating system and database scripts as well as maintaining system-level utilities such as "CRON"
- Experience with writing cloud analytics (HADOOP, MapReduce, Accumulo) in Pig or Java required
- Experience with several of the following: J2EE Framework (including some or all of lava Patterns, Java Security, JMS, INDI), Java XML Parsing (DOM, SAX, SOAP), Java Server Faces or Struts, Java-based web services, Perl, Oracle, PLlSQL, Mark Logic, Java Servlets, Tomcat web server, Hibernate framework, Spring framework, RPC (SOAI'/XML), RMI
- 9 -13 years of experience in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related discipline is required.
- Java, shell scripting, RESTful web services
- Cloud Map/Reduced programming, Tomcat, Spring, Ecllipse, NIFI, spatial analytics, ETC (extract, transform, load) experience.
- Experience in analyzing, design, documenting, and implementing software solutions.
- Experience with Spring, Maven, Oracle 10g/SQL, Java J2EE, Web logic 10
- Familiarity with ArcGIS
- Skilled at Java and C++
- Experience with front end systems development especially protocol processing systems.
- Understand and leverage testing techniques and methodologies
- J2EE development efforts
- Familiarity with JSP environment
- Familiarity with XML, XSLTs, XPATH, Xquery
- Familiarity with networking protocols
- Familiarity with Wireshark Etheral is desired
- Familiarity of data mining and pattern recognition concepts is desired.
- Familiarity with software development life cycle process
- Understand Cyber data sources and analytics as they may relate to mobility or malware
- Must have experience in leveraging the following technologies: High Performance Computing (HCP) systems; Streaming Technologies to include Distillery, Storm, or similar
- PIG Programming language
- Current knowledge of specific technologies and methodologies: HPC to Cloud conversion; HPC/Cloud to Streaming conversion; Commercial Streaming/HPC/Cloud techniques
- Advanced algorithms appropriate for HPC and/or Cloud analytics
- Understand modem development tools including: Code Coverage Tools, Software Version Control Systems
- Advanced algorithms appropriate for Cloud analytics
- Understand the basics of finance and/or banking systems as well as possible analytics for these systems
- Active TS/SCI with a current polygraph
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications