Peterson Technologies is currently seeking a Software Engineer to support our client in the Annapolis Junction, MD area
Plans, conducts, and coordinates software development activities. Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment.
Job Specific Required Skills:
Job Specific Preferred Skills:
- At least 5 years experience in software development / engineering to including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- Experience with Distributed development with Java
- Experience with networked virtual machines
- Experience with Linux, Eclipse/IntelliJ, Git, Jenkins, Junit, & Sonar
- Experience with Agile development methods and collaborative team environments
- Experience with full software life cycle from evaluation to deployment
This position requires candidate to hold an active TS/SCI Poly level clearance
- Experience with big data persistence stores such as Accumulo and MongoDB
- Experience with MapReduce/Hadoop/HDFS and Spark
- Experience with Scala
- Experience with customer systems and mission
Peterson Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.