Peterson Technologies is currently seeking a Principle Software Engineer
to support our client in or around the Fort Meade, MD area.
Dedicated developer leveraging the technologies depicted below.
- Extensive contributions using Distributed Java Programming (threading, inter-process communication, etc.) and a scripting language such as Groovy
- Use of automated unit and integration testing
- Use of automated builds with Maven
- Programming expertise with Eclipse
- Use of dependency injection with Spring
- Use of Data persistence and column based/document based data models especially with Big Data Stores such as Accumulo and MongoDB
- Shall have at least fifteen (15) years experience as a Software Engineer in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/ analysts, as required.
- Experience leading, planning, conducting, and coordinating software development activities
- Experience with virtual machine configurations using Linux
- Experience with large scale distributed architectures
- Experience contributing significant architectural design
An Active TS/SCI Poly level clearance is required
- Some familiarity with customer major mission systems
- Experience in the development of a Jung framework or other framework for performing large scale graph analytics.
- Experience with taxonomy construction for analytic disciplines, knowledge areas and skills.
- Familiarity with big data constructs such as Hadoop/MapReduce, Spark, and HDFS
- Experience with linguistics (grammar, morphology, concepts).
Peterson Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.