Peterson Technologies is hiring a Senior Test Engineer to join our team in the Annapolis Junction, MD area
The Test Engineer Analyzes user's requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications. Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities. Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans. Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies. Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design and technology. Incorporates new plans, designs, and systems into ongoing operations. Develops technical documentation. Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility. Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Conduct research into and apply knowledge of Government test and evaluation concepts and related engineering, acquisition, and operations activities as needed to support the T&E activities
- Plan and execute Performance Analysis
- Assess operational and system performance requirements for testability and criticality to frame and prioritize T&E objectives and enable evaluation planning
- Review planned acquisition approaches to support T&E schedule alignment with decision maker needs for T&E support
- Coordinate with program Systems Engineering (SE) and review T&E-related SE information to leverage functional analysis, system descriptions, parameter selection and dependencies, modeling and simulation, and initial performance risk assessments to inform evaluation planning
- Assess operational environments and priorities for evaluation attention and scenario selection, and to coordinate user participation in T&E
- Select, coordinate, and calibrate instrumentation, collection, and data management tools, targets and facilities
- Ensure test readiness including training of test event participants regarding conduct of the event; equipment readiness, and security, legal, and privacy compliance arrangements
- Establish and employ Data & Configuration Management capabilities
- Support Data Authentication group functions; and comply with program Discrepancy Reporting criteria and processes
- Participate in T&E WIPT and/or Integrated Test Team for coordination of data collection plans
- Execute testing and data collection per plan
- Produce associated Test Plans, Procedures, and Reports/Briefings, Data Management Plan
- Define and provide technical direction and guidance for the Level 1 and Level 2 TEs assigned to the task
- Recommend draft plans and reports from the Level 1 and Level 2 tasks for approval by the task leader
An active TS/SCI with Poly level clearance is required.
- Eight (8) years experience as a Test Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Statistics, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university. Four (4) years of additional Test Engineering experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
Peterson Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law